What an eventful two weeks it has been. Many of us are now working remotely, trying to homeschool kids, or dealing with the social, emotional and financial difficulties created by our new virtual way of life. Some of you are providing healthcare and other essential services, and we are grateful for the work you do.
HOW TO TAKE BACK CONTROL
On Sunday, the Governor talked about feeling out of control and what we can do to take back some control from the situation. From my perspective, I think a good way of doing that includes:
- Keeping some sort of schedule (we made a weekly menu and scheduled when my husband or I are each “parent-in-charge” or available to schedule calls and work time)
- Getting dressed in the morning instead of staying in pajamas (for me, this includes putting on lipstick!)
- Getting some physical exercise, whether a (socially distant) walk, an online ballet class or just 5-10 minutes of stretching
- Practicing some mindfulness that appeals to you. Prayer, meditation, positive affirmations, a gratitude list
- Stepping away from news and social media periodically
- Video or phone chats with family and friends
- Reaching out to help others. To that end, we are offering free estate planning services to health care workers and first responders (please see below) and a number of tele-seminars and webinars about all sorts of things, from mindfulness to mortgages.
As many of you already know, our legal team remains hard at work and safe while practicing social distancing. WE ARE FULLY OPERATIONAL as we continue to serve our community with Estate and Medicaid Planning as well as Probate & Administration needs.
VIRTUAL NOTARY SERVICES IN NEW YORK STATE
We are making document signings happen as needed, using the new virtual notarization that was authorized on Thursday night by Governor Cuomo, utilizing the USPS or FedEx, and “drive-by signings” if there is a pressing need and there are no other alternatives (outdoors, with lots of Lysol and huge amounts of distancing, after a phone or video consult).
Most importantly, we want to be a source of assistance in all areas.
If you need a referral to any type of attorney or other professionals or service provider, in New York or anywhere else, I may have a good referral for you.
I understand we are living in unprecedented times and it’s easy to get overwhelmed with constant news stories, emails, social media, etc. and at times worry about things beyond our control. What you can control is your peace of mind by organizing your family life plan. Please do not hesitate to reach out to me with questions or concerns. My team is ready to assist and will gladly set-up a time for us to chat that is mutually accommodating
In good health,
Yana Feldman, Esq.