Yana Feldman is the principal of New York Legacy Lawyers, located in New York City. Her practice focuses on holistic, client-centered planning with an emphasis on ensuring her clients’ dignity and independence as they age, as well as working with clients to create not only a financial legacy, but also one of personal values and non-monetary assets. Her goals include educating various communities on the importance of estate planning and elder law planning, including immigrant communities, as well as creating a modern law firm to help clients accomplish working with their attorney on their own terms. After earning her undergraduate degree in Anthropology in 1999 at the University of Chicago, she graduated from Tulane Law School in New Orleans in 2002 and then returned to her adopted hometown of New York.
Yana believes in a team approach to estate planning for her clients, and many of her clients come to her from trusted partners in the financial advising sector. She teaches Continuing Legal Education classes for other attorneys on these topics, as well as to financial professionals at major financial institutions such as New York Life, Morgan Stanley and Bank of America. She’s also made several presentations on law firm time management to various Bar Associations and Sections.
Besides practicing law, Yana is active in the community, having served as Legal Director of The Veneration Project, focused on building stable inter-generational communities by helping older adults and their families navigate the practical aspects of aging, and as a volunteer attorney with the Safe Passages program, assisting child asylum seekers. She is currently a member of the Board of Trustees of the JCC of Brooklyn/Kings Bay Y, where she focuses on establishing a planned giving program for the agency.
Yana was born in the Former Soviet Union and is fluent in Russian. She lives in Brooklyn, near Greenwood Cemetery, with her architect husband and their twin daughters.
- New York State Bar
- New York State Bar Association
- Member of Elder Law and Estate Planning Sections
- Executive Committee Member of Elder Law Section, District Delegate and Legislative Committee Member
- Association of the Bar of the City of New York
- Trusts Estates & Surrogate’s Court Committee
- former member Committee of Problems of the Aging
- Brooklyn Bar Association
- Trusts and Estates Section
- Surrogate’s Court Committee
- Russian American Bar Association, Founding Member
- University of Chicago, Bachelor of Arts, Anthropology
- Tulane Law School, Juris Doctor